I’ll be spending a few months in America this Autumn, so I think it’s imperative to have a few “all-American experiences”! Here’s my ‘bucket list’.
* Eat a Dunkin’ Donuts donut! Ever since I was little, this seemed like such an American thing to do. Plus, I adore the strawberry glazed ones!
* See a Broadway (or off-Broadway show). I’ll be in NYC, so this is pretty much requisite! I’m going to see Rent (and tell you all about it!).
* Visit the ocean. I love being near the water.
* I’ll be staying in Florida (a state known for its oranges), so I want to eat a Florida orange.
* Apple pie is the all-American dessert, so I’m told. Maybe I’ll bake one with my American boyfriend ;D
* Spend a few hours exploring Walmart + wreaking havoc. Kamen and I have wanted to do this for some time now. Fun!
* Visit a classic feminist sex shop. Self-explanatory, right, ladies? It’s a lot more than that though. It’s about supporting independent, quality business that supports your rights.
* Spend a few hours in Barnes and Noble. Canada has only Chapters/Indigo. And I can’t resist a good bookstore…
I’d love to hear your thoughts! Have you ever been to the USA? What would you add to this list?